The West 25th Street structure was originally constructed as the Jacob Baehr Brewery and the Odd Fellows Building/Masonic Hall circa 1866, with additional construction in 1890. At this time and up to at least 1978, a portion of the structure was utilized as a metal shop by The Riester and Thesimacher Company and included a machine shop, a tin shop, a sheet metal shop, offices, blacksmith services, and draughting rooms. The remainder of the structure consisted of residential housing and an auto repair structure. Around 1910, the western portion of the 2711 Church Avenue structure was constructed with the center portion being constructed circa 1930 and the eastern portion being added around 1960. The 2711 Church Avenue structure was utilized as a machine shop, factories, and offices including tenants such as The Phoenix Machine Company, Lester Engineering Company, and the Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority.